A place full of history
Family run campsite since 1959
The Ötztaler nature-campsite in Längenfeld/Huben was first opened in 1959 by the bricklayer Alfons Kuprian. With the consent of the farmers, he converted the meadows into a campsite. The main building, which is now the café “Bein Ernst”, was also built there. In 1967, Alfons died and his wife Sophie continued to run the business – though with five children this was no easy task. Later, Armin, a son of Alfons, ran the business.
In 1986, the campsite was renamed “Ötztaler Naturcampingplatz” and with the new name, the current owner Ernst Kuprian – Armin’s brother – finally found his way to the campsite. In the following years, the campsite was continuously expanded. In 1989 the sanitary building was erected and three years later Ernst Kuprian installed connections for TV, electricity, gas, water and sewage. In 2006 the main building was renovated following a fire.